Privacy Collection Statement – Promotional Discount Offers
You understand that:
1. Contact details: Michael Hill is collecting your personal information and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at GPO Box 2922, Brisbane Qld 4001.
2. Manner of collection: We will generally collect your personal information directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal information indirectly if, for example, someone enters the competition on your behalf.
3. Purpose: Michael Hill is collecting your personal information in conjunction with offering you a promotional discount offer on our products. Michael Hill is collecting your personal information in order to manage and facilitate our customer database and shall include but is not limited to:
(a) to process your request to add you to our customer database;
(b) sending you updates, discounts, or other content or products and services that may be of interest to you and providing you with direct marketing communications from us or our related bodies (using direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages) including but not limited to sending you our catalogue; and
4. Consequences if not collected: If we do not collect this personal information in connection with the purposes in paragraph 3, or if the information is incorrect or incomplete then:
(a) we will be unable to process your request to be added to our customer database; and
(b) we will be unable to send you direct marketing communications (unless you have consented to such communications through your other dealings with Michael Hill).
5. Disclosures: Your personal information being disclosed to the following classes of people and organisations in connection with the purposes in paragraph 3:
(a) Michael Hill and its personnel;
(b) our contractors, agents or third party providers of Michael Hill who may be involved in the competition or who may assist Michael Hill in providing our products and services to you, including but not limited to any IT service providers and our related entities; and
6. Cross border disclosures: In order to manage and facilitate the competitions and for the purposes in paragraph 3, it is possible that some of the information collected will be disclosed outside of Australia. You consent to your information being disclosed to a destination outside Australia for this purpose and acknowledge that Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures of your personal information. Please see our Cross Border Disclosure Table for a list of the countries.
Last Updated: 03/11/14