Privacy Collection Notification Statement under the Privacy Act 1988
As part of your entry to the “BMW NZ OPEN Pro-Am Championship player” Competition, you understand and agree that:
1. Contact details: Michael Hill Jeweller (Australia) Pty Ltd (the “Sponsor”) is collecting your personal information and can be contacted at email@example.com or by post at GPO Box 2922, Brisbane Qld 4001.
2. Manner of collection: The Sponsor will generally collect your personal information directly from you. Sometimes the Sponsor might collect personal information indirectly if, for example, someone enters the Competition on your behalf.
3. Purpose: The Sponsor is collecting your personal information in order to manage and facilitate the Competition you have entered and shall include but is not limited to:
(a) your entry and participation in the Competition and any promotional and publicity purposes related to the Competition or being a winner of the Competition;
(b) sending you updates, discounts, or other content or products and services that may be of interest to you and providing you with direct marketing communications from us or our related bodies (using direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages) including but not limited to sending you the Sponsor’s catalogue; and
and you acknowledge and agree to your personal information being collected and used for, and in connection with, these purposes.
4. Consequences if not collected: Some of the information the Sponsor may ask you to provide may be identified as mandatory or voluntary. If the Sponsor does not collect the Mandatory Information (as indicated in paragraph 3 of the Official Rules) in connection with the purposes in paragraph 3 above, or if the information is incorrect or incomplete then:
(a) the Sponsor may not be unable to accept your Competition entry, your entry may be disqualified or the Sponsor may be unable to deliver your prize if you are the winner; and
(b) the Sponsor will be unable to send you direct marketing communications (unless you have consented to such communications through other your other dealings with the Sponsor).
5. Disclosures Your personal information being disclosed to the following classes of people and organisations in connection with the purposes in paragraph 3:
(a) the Sponsor and its personnel;
(b) the Sponsor’s contractors, agents or third party providers who may be involved in the Competition (including but not limited to Competition Service providers) or who may assist the Sponsor in providing our products and services to you, including but not limited to any IT service providers and its related entities; and
6. Cross border disclosures: In order to manage and facilitate the Competition, and for the purposes in paragraph 3, it is possible that some of the information collected will be disclosed outside of Australia. You consent to your information being disclosed to a destination outside Australia for this purpose and acknowledge that Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures of your personal information. Please see the Sponsor’s Cross Border Disclosure Table for a list of the countries.