Where is my nearest Michael Hill store?
Use our Store Locator to find your nearest Michael Hill store.
Who is Michael Hill?
Sir Michael Hill started out as an aspiring musician and watch maker, following generations of watch makers before him. This passion for creativity in all its forms inspired him to found Michael Hill Jewellers. He opened seven shops in seven years, then set his sights on 70 more in the following seven years. Today Michael Hill Jewellers has over 300 stores in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA, with an aim to reach 1,000 stores by 2024.
Learn more about Michael Hill.
How do I create a new account?
Simply click ‘Login/ Register’, located at the top right of the page and then click ‘Create Account’. Fill in your details and click ‘Update’. Registration should now be complete and you will receive a confirmation email shortly.
Creating an account will allow you to create Wishlists, submit product reviews, check prior orders and checkout faster.
How do I update my account details?
Simply click ‘Login/ Register’ or your name, located at the top right of the page to access the ‘My Account’ page. From here you can update your personal information, add addresses and credit card details as well as allowing you to review prior orders.
What’s my ring size?
To find your ring size, download our Ring Size Guide and follow these tips:
- Remember that your left and right hands may be different sizes so be sure to measure the finger the ring will be worn on most.
- Measure when your hands are warm, not cold. For best results, measure a few times in the middle of the day.
- Ensure you also measure your knuckle so the ring will slide over it.
- Please be aware that rings with a wide shank may have to be ordered in a larger size than normal.
- Mens Tungsten rings cannot be resized
If you’re still unsure, you can avoid resizing issues by visiting your local Michael Hill store for a personalised size assessment.
If it’s a surprise, ask your their friends or family if they know her finger size, borrow one of her rings (from the correct finger) and use the ring measurements in our Ring Size Guide to determine the correct ring size.
What if I need my ring to be re-sized?
Some rings can be resized depending on the style and setting of the stones. In general, ladies rings are a size O and men’s rings are size R. if a ring has to be resized it can take up to three (3) business days. Men’s Tungsten rings cannot be resized.
Please check each product page for the size range available to purchase online. If you are purchasing in store the size range and timescales will vary.
How do I care for my Michael Hill jewellery?
With our simple care tips, your special piece will sparkle for years to come.
How do I care for my Michael Hill Watch?
No matter which Michael Hill watch you’ve purchased, we know it’s more than a way to tell time. It’s an expression of your style, a hallmark of an important life accomplishment or a gift from someone special and with basic care information, your watch will stand the test of time.
How do I care for my Michael Hill diamonds?
Your Michael Hill diamond was hand crafted to stand the test of time, so you’ll always have that sparkling reminder of how your story first began. If you follow these simple steps for daily care, your diamond will always be there.
What is the Michael Hill Diamond Promise?
Diamonds mean many things in life – a promise, an investment, a heirloom, a token of our most precious memories. We want you to feel confident that the diamonds you select today will be there for all your tomorrows. It’s our promise that through all of life’s changes, our commitment to you will stay the same.
We offer, free of charge:
- We will replace any diamond covered by our Michael Hill Lifetime Diamond Warranty if it chips, breaks or is lost from its original setting during normal wear. This includes labour and materials for setting the replacement diamond.
- We provide a Michael Hill Certificate of Authenticity that guarantees your diamond is a natural diamond with each of the characteristics outlined in the certificate. The Certificate of Authenticity also guarantees the metal content to be the stated purity.
- We partner with the Australian Diamond Grading Laboratory to give you an Independent Diamond Certificate that assesses the 4Cs of your diamond so that you can understand your diamond’s individual characteristics.
What is Michael Hill’s diamond sourcing policy?
The story behind your diamond begins long before you see it sparkle. Because it’s as important to us as it is to you, we’re committed to ensuring that our certified diamonds are conflict-free. We purchase them only from sources we know and trust - which means your diamond will make you feel as good as it looks.
Learn more about our diamond policy.
Can I purchase an item that I saw online from my local Michael Hill store?
Most of the items that are offered online can be purchased at your local Michael Hill store, however we do carry Clearance and Online Exclusive items that may not be available at your local retail store.
Additionally, your local Michael Hill store may carry some items that are not offered online. Be sure to call ahead to confirm that the item you want is in stock.
What services do you offer instore?
- Restyling events, to update the piece you love with a look for today
- Diamond and Bridal experts in all our stores
- Custom design services so that your jewellery reflects you
- Free jewellery cleaning
- Financing and credit options for flexible purchasing
- Layby services
- Lifetime services available through our Professional Care Plan
- Gift cards for your convenience
- Valuations with insurance replacement specialists
How do I subscribe to your newsletter?
Simply enter your email in the space provided at the bottom right of every page on the site, and click ‘Join’. If you create an account with Michael Hill you will also be automatically included on our mailing list, unless you choose to opt out. Creating an account will also allow you to create Wishlists, submit product reviews, check prior orders and checkout faster.
How do I unsubscribe from your newsletter or emails?
Simply click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our emails, or email email@example.com and request removal from our mailing list.
Can I purchase an extended warranty?
The Michael Hill Professional Care Plan offers you peace of mind protection on your valued purchase. Professional Care plans are available in both three (3) year and lifetime packages.
Visit any Michael Hill store within 30 days of receiving your order to purchase a Professional Care Plan.
How can I provide feedback?
We’d love to hear your feedback about our website, stores, staff and products. You can provide feedback by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or quickly provide feedback by clicking the ‘Give Feedback’ bubble at the bottom right of every page on our website.
What does TW mean?
TW stands for ‘total weight’. When you add up all of the diamonds on a piece of jewellery or in a set, this equals the total weight.
What does carat mean?
A carat is the unit of measurement used to measure the weight of diamonds and other gemstones, as well as the purity gold.
You can read more about diamond carats in our 4C’s article.
When referring to rose, white or yellow gold, the number of carats tells you how much metal is in a particular piece, as a percentage. Pure gold, for example, is designated 24 carat, while 10 carat gold is around 41.6 per cent gold.
At Michael Hill, we make it easy for you to tell whether we are talking about diamond carats or gold carats – carat will always be spelled out when referring to a diamond, while ‘ct’ will be used for gold.
What does it mean when a pearl is ‘cultured’ and ‘freshwater’?
Cultured freshwater pearls are humanity’s work at duplicating what nature first started. A “seed” – typically a round bead made of mother pearl is inserted into the freshwater mollusc. After three years, you have a pearl!
What is a chronograph?
A chronograph is a type of timepiece which combines a stopwatch and a regular watch.
Are your gemstones enhanced?
All of our gemstones are natural unless specifically stated in the product title and product description.
Do you sell Gift Cards?
You can buy Gift Cards at your nearest Michael Hill store. Unfortunately Gift Cards cannot be purchased online.
My Gift Card has expired, can I still redeem it?
Even if your gift card has an expiry date on it, it may still be redeemable in store. Please contact our Customer Service team on free call 1800 445 590 or email email@example.com with the card number and the country where it was purchased, and we will be able to advise you.
Can you do engravings?
No, unfortunately we do not offer an engraving service.
Do you offer Layby?
We do offer a layby service in store. Our normal terms require a 25% initial deposit, a non-refundable administration fee ($15) and payment of the balance within three months of the original transaction date. Some products cannot be put on layby so check with your local Michael Hill store.
Do you do repairs?
We offer repair services on Jewellery and Watches purchased from Michael Hill only. Please take the item to your local store and they will be able to provide an estimate and advise approximate timescales for the repair.
How do I create a Wishlist?
Your Wishlist can be used to create shareable gift suggestions, shopping lists, or just to drop a hint. To get started, create a Michael Hill account and ensure you are signed in. When you see something you like, simply click the 'Add to Wishlist' button on the product page and the item will move to your Wishlist.
How do I add or remove a product?
When you see something you like, click on 'Add to Wishlist' on the product page.
If you'd like to remove an item from your list, simply click ‘Remove’ on that item from your Wishlist page.
How do I share my wishlist?
You can share your wishlist several ways:
- Simply click the ‘Send to a Friend’ button to send your wishlist to a friend via email.
- Click ‘Share Wishlist’ button to share your wishlist on Facebook, Twitter or via other social sites.
- Copy and paste the URL of your wishlist to send to friends any way you choose.
- Click ‘Make Wishlist Public’ to make your wishlist searchable by others.
How do I purchase from my wishlist?
Shopping from your wishlist is easy:
- Simply click ‘Add to Bag’ next to the item you wish to purchase.
- Review items in your bag by clicking the Shopping Bag at the top of the page, then then click the ‘Checkout’ button to complete your order
- Your friends or family can also purchase items from you wishlist if you’ve shared it.
Are items in my wishlist reserved?
Products in your wishlist are not reserved for you and can sell out at any time. Products labelled ‘Low Stock’ may sell out, so purchase early to avoid disappointment.
How do I see what other people have said about a product?
You can see other’s reviews by visiting any product page. You can also easily see a products star rating by hovering your mouse over any product as you are browsing the site.
How do I submit a review?
To submit a review, ensure you are signed in and then click on ‘My Account’ at the top of the site. Once in your account, click ‘My Reviews’ and you will see a list of purchased products. From here, you can view the product, as well as click ‘Review Now’ to submit your review. If you have already reviewed the product, you can see the star rating you gave it, or click on ‘View my Review’ to check what you said.
What information do I need to provide?
The review process is completely anonymous; all we ask is for you to provide:
- Overall rating (out of 5)
- Quality (out of 5)
- Appearance (out of 5)
- Would you recommend this to a friend?
- Review summary (a few words to describe your experience with the product)
- Your review
Got any writing tips?
When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:
- Keep your review focused on the product
- Avoid writing about customer service; contact us on free call 1800 445 590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refrain from mentioning competitors or the specific price you paid for the product
- Do not include any personally identifiable information, such as full names
- All submitted reviews are subject to our Content Guidelines.
When will my review be published?
It usually takes a few days for your story to be moderated and published. On submission you will receive an email confirmation. Once your review has been posted, you will receive a second email confirming that it has been accepted, including a link to your review. If we can’t post your review you’ll also received an email notifying you of this.
Will Michael Hill edit my review?
Content submission will not be edited by Michael Hill, but simply removed if they do not meet our Content Guidelines. This includes submissions that include personal information, such as full names of people who are not public figures, phone numbers, specific physical addresses or email addresses.
How do I edit my review?
Once you have submitted your review you cannot edit it.
What is the Charm Builder?
Building a coordinated charm collection takes planning! With our Charm Builder, you can create your own unique charm bracelet with just a few clicks of your mouse.
Once you have a design you are happy with, you can purchase it there and then, add the charms to your Wishlist to come back later, or print out your design and share it with friends and family so they know exactly what you want.
How do I create my design?
Building your perfect bracelet is as easy as one, two, three!
- Choose a bracelet to begin. Captured Moments bracelets are available in 10ct gold, sterling silver, diamond set and leather combinations.
- Add some charms and spacers to create your unique look. There are over 500 charms to choose from, so there are countless ways to personalise your bracelet.
- Include a safety chain and stoppers to keep your bracelet and charms secure. Stoppers are also great for giving charms with extra special meaning the space they deserve.
To select a bracelet or charms, hover over the one you want and click ‘Add’. Once you have added charms, you can drag them around the bracelet to change the order, or click on each one and select ‘Copy’ to duplicate, or ‘Remove’ to delete it.
You can see the price and charm listing to the right of your bracelet. It will update as you add and remove charms so you know exactly how much your design is going to cost.
I don’t know where to start?
With so many combinations of charms to choose from, it can be hard to know where to start. That’s why we’ve created some premade bracelets using popular charms and colours, to help you start your unique collection.
If you want to create a completely unique look, try these tips as a starting point:
- Keep to just one or two colours
- The eye likes symmetry. Try choosing a charm to centre your bracelet around and add charms in twos – one on either side of the central one.
- Choose charms to represent special moments in your life. Whether it’s an occasion, a secret, a milestone, or a personal achievement, there’s a charm to capture it perfectly.
Of course there are no hard and fast rules for creating a Captured Moments collection. If you like it, go with it! The beauty of Captured Moments is that you can keep adding to your bracelet, or changing it, so that it always stays as unique as you are.
Do I get a discount for buying multiple charms?
Some of our suggested bracelets are available at a special price. Adding to this will not affect the price of the original design, but if you choose to remove one or more charms from the suggested design, the price will revert back to retail prices.
You can see the price and charm listing to the right of your bracelet. It will update as you add and remove charms so you know exactly how much your design is going to cost.
If you’re looking for outstanding value for money, try one of our ready-to-wear designs, which can be purchased outside the Charm Builder.
I’ve completed my design, now what?
Now that you’re personalised your design, you have a few options:
- Buy your bracelet: You can see the price and charm listing to the right of your bracelet. Underneath, click ‘Add to Bag’ and proceed to the checkout to buy your bracelet.
- Print it out: You can print copies of your newly designed bracelet and take it into your nearest store, or give a copy to family and friends.
PRIVACY & SECURITY
How secure is my credit card and personal information?
Your security while shopping online with Michael Hill is extremely important to us, and we’ve taken all reasonable measures to make sure your credit card and personal details are kept safe at all times.
All areas of our website that require you to enter your personal information or payment details are secure, using 128 bit SSL encryption.
To check that the page you are viewing is secure, look for a padlock icon to the left of the address bar within your browser.
How do you deal with my personal information?
We want your online and instore experience to be enjoyable and we take care to respect your privacy when you visit our stores and our web site. We do this gladly because we know that if you have a good experience with us, you will want to visit our website and our stores again, and maybe even tell your friends about us.